Friday, October 7, 2011

38. Complete my internship at the MS Society

As of September 16th, I completed my internship with the National MS Society, Minnesota Chapter. During my time at the Chapter, I served as the Public Relations Intern. My duties included writing press releases, drafting media lists, completing projects for the Marketing Department, and website content management towards the end. While my internship is over, I am still volunteering at the MS Society. Currently, I am working on different web projects for the Marketing Department. After these projects wrapped up, I hope to still volunteer my time and skills to general office tasks such as mailings for the different Society events.

Today, as I was reading the Chronicle of Philanthropy, I came across an article noting that of 150 big charities, the National MS Society as a whole has been able to the most money, by a significant amount, via social media. This was an interesting fact for me to learn about since I was able to directly see how social media is used at the local chapter for fundraising purposes.

My cube

Picture in the Chronicle of Philanthropy by the article regarding the National MS Society
My name tag

No comments:

Post a Comment